- AAA T.L.C. Health Care is a fully licensed and bonded agency that serves as the employer (W2) of the caregivers. All caregivers are bonded and covered by both liability and Workers’ Compensation insurance.
- All caregivers have been TB tested and are certified in both First-Aid and CPR.
- All caregivers have had a complete, FBI sanctioned, background check. If the caregivers are expected to drive (whether in their own car or the client’s car), their driving record has been reviewed and we have confirmation of appropriate insurance.
- All caregivers receive both initial training and orientation as well as annual updates to ensure all requirements are current.
What other information should I be aware of?
- AAA T.L.C. Health Care’s caregivers will never leave if there is a delay (e.g., traffic problems) in the next caregiver’s arrival time. Also, if a caregiver is ill, a replacement will be arranged to ensure all necessary care is provided.
- If you have a pet, we will ensure that the caregivers are comfortable around pets and able to assist in their care (e.g., dog walking).
- Caregivers will never smoke when caring for a client or in the client’s home.
- Caregivers complete time-sheets reflecting the hours they provided services. They will ask the client to sign the form (and a copy is provided) so that there is no confusion or misunderstanding.
- If the client so desires, we can make periodic visits (either scheduled or unannounced) to observe how the caregiver works with the client.
What types of services are available from your agency?
- AAA T.L.C. Health Care offers all levels of care from Companions/Caregivers up through Registered Nurses.
- Staff have expertise in providing everything from basic care services (e.g., transfers, bathing, lifting, toileting, cooking, cleaning, and driving).
- We can also provide care for individuals with specific diagnoses (e.g., ALS, Parkinson’s Disease, Orthopedics, Neuro such as stroke, transplants, post-operative, ventilators, and many other complex medical needs).
- Caregivers are able to provide transportation while caring for clients (i.e., doctor’s visits, errands, and social outings); individuals are also available if the only need is transportation.
How does your agency coordinate new clients and oversee existing clients?
- AAA T.L.C. Health Care has an office where clients (or their families) are welcome to come to meet with staff and make arrangements for care.
- AAA T.L.C. Health Care staff are available 24/7/365 to help coordinate care for new clients and to address any issues that may arise with existing clients.
- A free in-home (or other setting) assessment is available prior to service to ensure that all of the individual’s needs are clearly identified and the right caregiver(s) selected.
- Caregivers are available to meet with clients before care starts to ensure compatibility.
- Prior to starting service, clients receive (in writing) a clear understanding of the expectations for the care needed along with the rates and any other fees.
- AAA T.L.C. Health Care is usually able to arrange services the same day.
- While the usual minimum number of hours is four/day, we can make exceptions for unusual circumstances.
Are services available in nursing homes or assisted living communities in addition to the home?
- AAA T.L.C. Health Care can provide assistance wherever the need is. In addition to the home, we provide care in Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living Facilities and Acute Care Hospitals.